Being a serious supporter of Beth Moore, I thought I would check out her friend Priscilla Shirer, Going Beyond Ministries. Although I have participated in several BM simulcasts through a local church, I decided this time to watch the PS simulcast through my computer at home. What a blessing I had on that Saturday!
I would like to share my highlights from the simulcast (please forgive if I’ve made any mistakes in note-taking).
- God’s word can find us wherever we are. He sees us there and will meet us in that unknown place. The Word was designed to be part of our every day being.
- (In dealing with difficult circumstances), some details you only know when you go through. You can’t just do a ‘drive-by’ – if you are going to have an intimate relationship with the Father. You don’t want to have an appreciation of Jesus from afar – you want to KNOW him. To fellowship with Him, you are going to have to go THROUGH, not stay on the periphery. Submit to the process.
- We live in an instant ‘microwave-it’ society. We need to learn to ‘slow cook’ with Jesus. Marinate with Him – don’t wish you could hop out. When we go through – it is to position us and prepare us.
- God is calling us to a place of separation from worldly things. We want the separation, but we do not want the breaking away. The severing is difficult. Sometimes God is going to ask you to break ranks with a successful place, a place of comfort or security. He could be asking you to separate from a thought process or mindset. What is God asking you to separate from?
- Be ready with a ‘Yes Lord’. By separating yourself, you are making room (the God margin) for God to come down and walk with you. God wants to sustain you. He needs you to do business with the Holy Spirit to determine what to separate you from. God will step into your circumstances and give you something you never thought you would find. Are you…. Tired? Lonely? Hungry? Insecure? Empty? He wants to sustain us despite unlikely circumstances. We might not succeed in a place of harvest just so you can feel what God is capable of. But we have to submit to the process. Have the Holy courage to say ‘Yes Lord’.
- In order to move on – to what God has in store for us, we have to let go of what we have ahold of. Sometimes He asks you to sever because there is danger there. But He’s not going to explain, he needs you to TRUST HIM. Sometimes there is momentary discomfort but it serves a greater purpose – to shield you from something you do not see coming.
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.”
- You are often taken on the long route. God separates you to sustain you but to shield you.
- He will bring from the most unexpected source. He wants to amaze you! To perform a miracle for you!
- The enemy will never require of you something that will make you depend on God more. Pray bigger prayers!
- Are we too afraid to take the risk with God?
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us. Ephesians 3:20 NKJV
- To limit God to only my requests does a disservice to me. We need so much more than merely what comes out of our mouths. Make our requests known, but also ask Him for His will – only God can fathom. His surprises are generational – fruit will keep coming through future generations. God does the unimaginable.
- A ticket to Heaven was not the point. If spending eternity with Him were ‘enough’, he would not have given us the Holy Spirit. If salvation alone were enough – when we got saved – we would go straight to heaven. He wants to walk with us on earth. Once you commune with Him and start to hear the voice of God, you will be ruined from ‘church as usual’ after that. You’ll just want MORE of HIM.
- Emotions are NOT smart – don’t let them talk you out of saying ‘Yes Lord’. Intimacy is the foundation for receiving the power of God. Later you will need to cash in the currency you have developed with God in those moments of intimacy. Arise and go!
- Everybody wants to be sent but nobody wants to be separated.
- We should walk through each stage of the process so that we will be ready.
- Our goal is to seek Him so fervently in prayer and desire to be so connected with Him intimately that we can reign in our flesh and submit to the process. We want our path to be lit up by God – right under our feet.
- What do you do when there is a tension between your will and God’s will? Where we are scared that if God answers it, it will put me in a situation that I will not prefer? God wants to teach us to pray it anyway! To pray the inconvenient prayer. This will give us currency with God – to pray and receive the convenient one.
- Will I surrender my will to His? Even when we are scared that He will actually do it?
- Have you ever prayed your own problem in – in order to be in accordance with God’s will? (Lord, it it’s your will, do whatever it takes to…)
- Trust God to sustain you through the consequence of that prayer. It takes courage – pray it anyway!
- Isn’t it true that when God’s spirit is flowing and is fresh on your life not only when door is open, but also when closed? Sometimes, God’s greatest gift is in a package marked ‘NO!’ Pray it anyway!
- Water (self) —> Oil (God). The don’t mix. You will have to start operating within the anointing of God. Oil = symbolic of favor of God upon you.
- Holy Spirit is symbolized by: ghost, wind, fire, dove. But the Holy Spirit is not those things. In Ephesians it says the moment we believed – we have the Holy Spirit.
When you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and when you believed in Him, you were also sealed with the promised Holy Spirit. He is the down payment of our inheritance, for the redemption of the possession, to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:13-14 HCSB
- (quote from Christine Caine) As Christians we pray for miracles and in the next breath, we pray for God to keep away any circumstance that would require a miracle. BRING IN THE OIL!
- Pride is a slick thief. “I don’t prefer…” The enemy builds a construct of pride around us = stronghold. What is my pride keeping me from – that God has purposed for me? One strategically placed stronghold (pride) causes people to never experience the blessing God has for them. We need to quit being jealous and hating each other and bless each other in Jesus’s name. We have too much division within women of faith. The process teachers us to PRAY IT ANYWAY! Make the choice to rise up and do it anyway. We are ‘the head and not the tail, above and not beneath’. And by doing that it will bring blessings upon us and upon our household.
- BLESSING: God is preparing you! When the going gets tough, go anyway, from water to oil, from natural to supernatural, His spirit is multiplying in you.